What are dental crowns?
If you have experienced a significant amount of decay or damage to your tooth, our dentist may recommend you consider a dental crown. Dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps that are placed directly over a tooth in order to restore its size, shape, and function. Permanently cemented in place, dental crowns cover the tooth up to the gum line.
What are dental crowns used for?
Dr. Moody is able to use a dental crown in Anchorage, Alaska, to:
- Repair moderate to severe damage
- Support a filling or root canal
- Hold a broken tooth together
- Prevent a tooth from breaking
- Anchor a dental bridge
- Complete a dental implant
Generally, dental crowns are ideal for our patients who have lost a large amount of their original tooth structure.