What is dental hygiene?
At Anchor Dental, we love to take care of your smile! We also love to pass this excitement for oral health on to our patients and their families. Part of this commitment involves helping you form good dental hygiene habits. Dental hygiene encompasses all the ways you can take control of your smile and keep it clean and strong when not at our dental office. Dr. Moody, our friendly dentist at Anchor Dental, will discuss your dental hygiene during your initial visit to our office and during subsequent checkup appointments. As part of improving your dental hygiene, we may discuss:
- Proper brushing and flossing techniques
- Products, such as toothpaste, that we suggest
- Whether your child or family member is receiving enough fluoride
- Nutrition and diet to support a healthy smile
- What daily habits may affect your teeth and gums
- How often you should visit the dentist
We are skilled in helping both children and adults find joy in taking care of their smile. If you have questions about your dental hygiene in Anchorage, Alaska, we encourage you to give our office a call. Our team is ready and willing to answer all of your questions and can help you schedule a time to meet with us.